Parenthood is an exciting, confusing, rewarding, infuriating, isolating, and community-building experience. Through writing about my experiences and reactions to parenting-related articles, I aim to foster a sense of inquiry and inclusion rather than to promote any sort of ideal or philosophy. After all, most of us are just flying by the seat of our pants, doing what works and what feels right.

Thursday, March 27, 2014

9 Things Not To Say To The Parents Of A Newborn



 9 things not to say to the parents of a newborn

Courtesy of Lunchbox Dad, enjoy some more parent humor, this time about newborns.

This guy is got it.  Especially the one about asking parents what you can do to help.

In the first several weeks, people asked me all the time what they could do to help.  But, come on.  As if I had the brain power to think of what that would be when I was sleeping a total of 2 hours every day.  Offer things like: "I'll be over at 3:00.  Is that OK for you?  I'll clean the bathroom/wash dishes/fold laundry/run errands if you'd like privacy with the baby while I'm there."  I'd like to offer my thanks to the people who did that out of their own intuition.

Anyway, it's short and funny.  Read it.  "9 things not to say to the parents of a newborn"

No comments:

Post a Comment