Parenthood is an exciting, confusing, rewarding, infuriating, isolating, and community-building experience. Through writing about my experiences and reactions to parenting-related articles, I aim to foster a sense of inquiry and inclusion rather than to promote any sort of ideal or philosophy. After all, most of us are just flying by the seat of our pants, doing what works and what feels right.

Friday, May 16, 2014

Things to tell my new parent self

This great post from Mommypotamus was inspired by Mother's Day, and I have to say I couldn't agree more.

Number 2 really resonates with me right now... to be "suspicious of the quiet toddler."  Last week when I was getting ready in the morning, it was suspiciously quiet for a minute or so, after which point Calvin said, "snow!!!" ... and then he walked into the bathroom carrying an upside-down and now empty box of breadcrumbs.  I dashed into the kitchen to clean up the "snow" only to discover that the "snow" was trekked all throughout our (this time thankfully) tiny apartment.  Be suspicious of quiet toddlers.

In addition, I'm so happy to see her mention to check your babies for tongue ties and lip ties yourself.  Unfortunately, most docs are not properly trained in this area and don't diagnose them most of the time., and right now, a lot of parents are just having to advocate hard for themselves.

Anyway, check it out!

11 Things I Wish I Could Tell My Pre-Momma Self

No comments:

Post a Comment