Parenthood is an exciting, confusing, rewarding, infuriating, isolating, and community-building experience. Through writing about my experiences and reactions to parenting-related articles, I aim to foster a sense of inquiry and inclusion rather than to promote any sort of ideal or philosophy. After all, most of us are just flying by the seat of our pants, doing what works and what feels right.

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Grace under grief

Even though I've been easy to moved to tears lately (TMI alert: getting your period back for the first time in years sucks), I was especially moved by this story about how a family's reaction to their teen daughter's death has inspired loads of people to commit random acts of kindness for random strangers.  #AJO.  It's short and worth it if you want a bittersweet pick-me-up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment