Parenthood is an exciting, confusing, rewarding, infuriating, isolating, and community-building experience. Through writing about my experiences and reactions to parenting-related articles, I aim to foster a sense of inquiry and inclusion rather than to promote any sort of ideal or philosophy. After all, most of us are just flying by the seat of our pants, doing what works and what feels right.

Monday, September 2, 2013

The family that arts together...

Calvin and I have forayed into crayon territory, and it involves a large piece of paper, a lot of taking crayons out of the box and putting them back in, and drawing something that gets scribbled over by my one-and-a-half-year-old.  It's the best.  Seriously.  I saw this post the other day, "Collaborating with a 4-year-old," and it made me smile.  One of the most important parts about parenthood, for me, has been that I get more practice in patience and willingness to go along with Calvin's whims to the limits that safety and schedules allow.  I look forward to sharing more art with Calvin.

Calvin and Lindsay LeClair, August 29, 2013

Calvin and Lindsay LeClair, August 31, 2013


No comments:

Post a Comment