Parenthood is an exciting, confusing, rewarding, infuriating, isolating, and community-building experience. Through writing about my experiences and reactions to parenting-related articles, I aim to foster a sense of inquiry and inclusion rather than to promote any sort of ideal or philosophy. After all, most of us are just flying by the seat of our pants, doing what works and what feels right.

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Continuing on with Tongue Tie Awareness Raising

This article from Parents.com highlights tongue tie as one of the top breastfeeding issues.  That's great!  This is a step in the right direction.

But I gotta tell ya: I am disappointed not to see lip tie on this list as well.  As awareness raising about tongue tie continues, a lot of people haven't heard of lip tie, which was my son's issue.  In addition, if there is a posterior rather than anterior tongue tie, there is almost always a lip tie.  If unaware providers don't look for it, how in the world would you ever know?

That said, I'm glad we're getting there.  Let's keep up the good work!

No comments:

Post a Comment